The NEW NORMAL:
1. Please do NOT keep an appointment if you have any flu-like symptoms, including a fever or cough. Also, do not keep an appointment if you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
2. Only the patient and/or one guardian should attend an appointment. Anyone that enters the building will have a health screening and may have their temperature taken. If the health screening indicates any symptoms, we will reschedule that day’s appointment. If your child feels comfortable coming into the office alone, parents are welcome to stay in your vehicle until your child is finished and we will call you when they are finished-to schedule or give you details from the appointment.
3.We have temporarily removed the tooth brushing station. WE ASK ALL PATIENTS TO BRUSH WELL AT HOME BEFORE ARRIVING for your appointment. This is VITAL to the health of you and our team. Please help your child in brushing if needed.
4. Patients/parents of minor children will be required to sign a new consent form. This form is located electronically on the homepage of our website www.winonaorthodontist.com Please sign the form prior to your first appointment back to our office.
5. If you have a face covering of any sort, PLEASE WEAR YOUR MASK INTO the clinic for your appointment. If you do not have one, we will provide one for your use while here.
Our Additional Precautions:
1. As a regulated health care facility, we already follow CDC Infection Control protocols. However, we are implementing additional infection control measures and industry recommendations during this pandemic period.
2. You will notice that we have removed materials from the lobby such as reading material, the water cooler and children’s toys, and have moved the furniture to keep distance.
3. We have additional, heightened PPE and disinfection protocols.
4. Our front desk area has plexi-glass barriers and our check-in computer has been removed.
5. Only the patient and staff should enter the clinic area, unless the patient needs to be accompanied by a guardian for a special reason. That guardian will be required to wear a mask and have health screening.
6. All staff will have their own health screening and temperature checks daily and no one is permitted to work if they are feeling ill.
7. Modifications to the clinical work areas have been made to help maintain safer treatment areas.